Quality Control Assistant
Location: Head Office (Rochdale) ||Department: Design|
Footasylum are looking to recruit an Assistant Garment Technologist as the Assistant Garment Technologist/Quality Control Assistant, you will be responsible for assisting in the inspection of new deliveries of goods as they arrive into the warehouse. You will be part of a strong technical team and liaise with a whole range of departments including the Warehouse, Buying, Merchandising, Customer Services and the Stores.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Checking and measuring the daily incoming stock against the approved pre-shipment sample prior to dispatch to store, ensuring the bulk is up to the agreed standard.
- Working across multi product clothing and accessories including denim, jersey and outerwear, for men's, junior and nursery.
- Assisting in organising and carrying out 100% inspections where required.
- Communicating with the technical team at head office with issues and concerns on bulk product.
- Assisting at head office with the technical team, measuring samples and participating in fit sessions.
- Organising sample rooms & trim submission files.
- Liaising with overseas and UK suppliers, informing them of problems and monitoring for future orders.
- Working with merchandising team to ensure correct protocol is followed when failed/rejected stock is returned to suppliers or sent out for reprocessing.
- Organising the sending and monitoring of photoshoot samples to the photo studio prior to product coming into the warehouse.
- Analysing data of faulty stock returned from stores and website, alert reoccurring issues to technical and buying team and report back to suppliers.
- Qualification in Garment Technology or Fashion Degree.
- Knowledge of garment and accessory construction and technology.
- Understanding of AQL Procedures is beneficial.
- A keen eye for detail and a high level of commercial awareness.
- Intermediate to Advanced level in Word and Excel.
- Excellent communication and interaction skills.
- Full clean UK driving licence, will be required to commute between head office and warehouse weekly
What we offer:
There's no shortage of benefits! These include 20 days holiday rising one day for each year of service up to 25 days, generous staff discount and fantastic career progression and work Laptop